Thursday 27 February 2014

Musical Quote Quiz!

I love quizzes of all sorts, so I thought it would be fun to start making my own quizzes in this blog, for the entertainment of my readers! I'm going to test the idea with a simple Musical Quote Quiz and see if anyone takes part, so if you want more quizzes in the future, get active today :)

Les Rules of the Quote Quiz: I'm going to give you 10 short quotes from 10 different musicals, and your job is to guess (or know) the name of the musical, the character who sings (all the samples are solo parts), and the song. Submit your answers to the comments and be sure to check in exactly three weeks from now, March the 20th, when I post the right answers and everyone's points. The winner gets eternal praise and glory, and the honorable title of musical savant extraordinaire. I think it goes without saying that searching all the right answers from the wonderful world of Internet would make the whole thing kind of pointless and ridiculously easy, so challenge yourselves don't run to Google okay?

Let's get started!

Little hint: One of the quotes belongs to this love-sick gentleman.

Quote 1:

"Life's more painless for the brainless 
Why think too hard when it's so soothing?"

Quote 2:

"Small pleasures, small pleasures, who would deny us these?
Gin toddies, large measures, no skimpin' if you please!"

Quote 3:

"I have often walked down this street before
But the pavement always stayed beneath my feet before."

Quote 4:

"Have you asked of yourselves what's the price you might pay?
Is it simply a game for rich young boys to play?"

Quote 5: 

"Do they think that walls could hide you?
Even now I'm at your window
I am in the dark beside you
Buried sweetly in your yellow hair."

Quote 6:

"Those who speak of what they know
Find too late that prudent silence is wise."

Quote 7:

"My heart wants to beat like the wings of the birds that rise from the lake to the trees
My heart wants to sigh like a chime that flies from a  church on a breeze."

Quote 8: 

"What does he know of me, my lord and master?
When he has looked at me, what has he seen?"

Quote 9:

"I liked my memories as they were,
but now I'll leave remembering her."

Quote 10:

"Who do you think you are, barging in on me and my guitar?
Little girl hey, the door is that way, the fire's out anyway."



4 comments:

  1. Okie dokie!

    1. Wicked, Fiyero, Dancing Through Life

    2. Oliver, Nancy, It's a Fine Life

    3. My Fair Lady, Freddy, On the Street Where You Live

    4. Les Miserables, Enjolras, ABC Cafe/Red and Black

    5. Sweeney Todd, Anthony, Johanna

    6. Phantom of the Opera, Madame Giry, Magical Lasso

    7. I think... The Sound of Music and Maria. I can't remember the exact song. It's been years since I've seen the film.

    8. Pass.

    9. Miss Saigon, Chris, Why God Why?

    10. Er... Rent, Roger, Light My Candle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, thanks for entering! I'll be posting everybody's score in three weeks, but I can tell you that you did really well ;)

      Delete
    2. Good to know :) Just to let you know I've nominated you for The Sunshine Award. You don't have to do it if you don't want to but I thought you would want to so here's the link: http://theliferandomthoughtsofindigomontoya.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/the-sunshine-award.html

      Delete
  2. Let's give it a try!

    1. Wicked / Fiyero / Dancing Through Life
    2: Oliver! / Nancy / It's a Fine Life
    3: My Fair Lady / Freddie / On the Street You Life
    4: Les Mis / Enjolras / Red and Black
    5: Sweeney Todd / Anthony / Johanna
    6: The Phantom of the Opera / Mme Giry / Magical Lasso
    7: Sound of Music / Maria / Sound of Music
    8: no idea
    9: Miss Saigon / Chris / Why God
    10: Rent / Roger / Another Day

    Let's see – this is about 75% knowledge, 15% guessing and 10% just giving up because man, where is the eight quote from..? :D

    ReplyDelete