What I write about
As the sub-heading will tell you, my primary interests are books, music, and dramatic arts, including both stage and screen. This is not a diary about my daily life, which is frankly too normal and average to be of interest to anyone. My blog posts take many different shapes. I write reviews on books I've read and plays I've seen, sometimes on films or television series as well. Sometimes I simply express my opinions about things that are happening in the world of the arts; I am very forward with expressing my views, but never disrespectful. Some days, I just want to share some of my favourite music.
- Writers: Charles Dickens, William Shakespeare, J.K. Rowling, J.R.R. Tolkien, Neil Gaiman
- Poets: William Shakespeare, John Keats, Rudyard Kipling
- Books: The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, the Harry Potter books, Black Beauty, Les Misérables, A Song of Ice and Fire books, A Tale of Two Cities, Stardust
- Plays: Antony and Cleopatra, Macbeth, The Two Gentlemen of Verona, The Importance of Being Earnest, August: Osage County
- Singers: Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, Adele, Amy Winehouse, Sinéad O'Connor, Colm Wilkinson
- Musicals: Les Misérables, The Phantom of the Opera, The Sound of Music, RENT, Miss Saigon, Jekyll & Hyde
- Historical settings: Victorian England, World War II Europe, Early Medieval England, Ancient Egypt
- Historical personalities: Cleopatra, Winston Churchill, Pocahontas, Charles Dickens
I'm a Finnish, aged twenty-something student girl, currently studying languages but desiring to make a career change to the world of theatre. I have always been a massive book worm and enjoyed going to the theatre. I have my favourite music for every situation in my life and make playlists of absolutely everything – just an example, I made playlists for washing the car and falling asleep!
I was in an English-speaking school from kindergarten till the age of 16, and then took English as my major in the University. English is like a second mother language to me, even though my family is completely Finnish and I've never lived outside Finland. I think there is a very strong possibility that I won't be living the rest of my life in Finland, though. If I could just choose, I'd move to London – I've only been there twice but each time it felt like home. I write this blog in English simply because any average Internet browser is much more likely to understand English than Finnish! The languages I speak are Finnish, English, French and Swedish, so you are welcome to comment in any of those.
My random obsessions include top hats, tea and chocolate.
Now I hope this little introduction has prompted you to go and explore the actual blog. Every blogger loves comments, and I'm no exception – so please leave a trace of your visit, as often as you like! You can comment anonymously if you like, and you don't have to make your messages mind-blowingly intellectual or long – but on the other hand, I don't believe in such a thing as "too long comments" either, so if you have a lot to say then say it all!
I hope you have a great time at my blog!