Frankie Savage shared this tag on her blog and said it was free-for-all, so I'll pass it on. How this goes is: I'll tell 11 random things about myself, then answer the 11 questions that Frankie displayed on her tag, then I'll make up 11 new questions which you will answer, if you decide to pass this tag on to your blog!
11 things about me
1. While I wash dishes I sing and do balance exercises on an air cushion. I guess you could say I believe in multi-tasking.
2. I find it easier to write in English than in my first language.
3. I would like to learn a new language, some language I know absolutely nothing about.
4. I loathe shopping for shoes, because my feet are so tiny that even if I actually find a nice-looking shoe, they usually don't have my size.
5. I have never been drunk.
6. My current apartment is the 10th home I've lived in.
7. I want to learn to do a headstand.
8. When I wake up in the morning it takes me at least an hour to be able to walk and think at the same time.
9. My head is a non-stop juke-box. There is not a waking moment in my life that I don't have some song playing in my head. I actually think it's rather fun – it only gets annoying if the same song replays for three consecutive days, which does happen quite often.
10. I don't like to wear white clothes, that's just not at all my colour.
11. I've only been to London twice but it feels like home.
Answers to Frankie's questions
1. Where have you travelled?
Sweden, Åland (which is technically a part of Finland but counts anyway because it's a remote group of islands where everyone speaks Swedish), Tallinn, England, Scotland, France, Spain, the Canary Islands, Italy, Cyprus and Egypt. There's also some places I've been to when I was a baby and therefore don't remember. And of course I've made some travels in Finland, mostly to Lapland and to Imatra, which is near the Russian border.
2. Where would you like to go if you'd like to go somewhere?
To London, always.
3. Do you like cats or dogs or both?
I'm a dog person all the way. I don't have any particular dislike for cats either, I just think they're a bit creepy, the way they move around without making a sound. And the way they never let on what they're going to do next.
4. Coffee or tea?
5. What do you think about contraceptive pills?
It should be every woman's right to use them if they feel like they're in a situation in life where they couldn't commit themselves 100% to raising a child. Seeing as the world is already hugely overpopulated, I don't see preventing an unwanted pregnancy as contradicting the will of any higher authority.
6. Rain or snow?
Snow! There's been a beautiful snowfall here all day and it finally looks like winter! So lovely.
7. Do you ever ice skate?
Never never never. I never learned to do it and skating lessons at school PhysEd were torture.
8. Have you ever seen a bird of paradise?
I don't have any specific memory of seeing one, but I did visit a park of exotic birds once when I was really small, so I might have.
9. Have you ever gone to the opera?
10. Would you like going to the opera?
I don't have any special interest for opera, I somehow get the image that it's too... what's the word... static for my taste. But then again as a musical enthusiast I think I should get at least a little familiar with that art form. I could go and see La Bohème or Madame Butterfly someday, to see the original sources for RENT and Miss Saigon.
11. What's the one thing you couldn't live without?
This is going to sound incredibly sappy and cliché, but the first thing that comes to my mind is freedom of expression. It would be dreadful to live in an atmosphere where you'd constantly have to watch what you say or write. What's even more dreadful, many people actually have to live like that.
Questions for you to answer when you do this tag on your blog
1. What's the most terrible book you've ever read?
2. If you can remember any dreams you've had, what's your best one?
3. What do you want to be doing 15 years from now?
4. Do you have paintings or posters on your walls?
5. What is your favourite love song?
6. Are you going to watch this year's Academy Awards, or otherwise follow any news related to them?
7. Would you ever sing/have you ever sung in a karaoke bar?
8. Can you touch type? (=type without looking at the keyboard)
9. What colours do you mostly have in your wardrobe?
10. Do you vote? (if you're old enough to vote)
11. What do you do if you find it hard to fall asleep?
Have fun with the tag, I thought it was a really good one!