Thursday 7 November 2013

Improv Everywhere!

Hi everyone! My blogging has been scarce for the last month, but there's a good reason for it: I joined an amateur theatre and I've been happily busy with the production us "newbies" are putting up. I'm both acting and writing in it, and... I think I'll say more about it in the future, in a proper post. There will also be a proper post on the awesome improvisation workshop day we recently had at that same theatre.

But today, I would just like to share with you some really great stuff I found on Youtube. Perhaps you've already heard about Improv Everywhere? No? Well, there's a bunch of people in America and they go to all sorts of public places and – well, have a look at the videos to see what they do!

Ghost Busters



The Mute Button




Carousel Horse Race




Gotta Share! The Musical


Amazing and hilarious, right? Anything like those things above would totally make my day. I can't believe people are accusing Improv Everywhere of harassing and being a nuisance to serious people who would rather crouch over their laptops and scowl all day. I mean, yes, they are doing all this in public places, but people should lighten up a little. Your laptop and Ecxel sheets won't go anywhere even if a bunch of funny people come in to spice up your day for a couple of minutes.

How do you feel about performances like the ones Improv Everywhere does? Is it purely, positively entertaining, or would you rather live your life in peace?

(PS. There are loads more of Improv Everywhere videos in Youtube for you to dig up if you liked the ones I shared here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment