Friday 12 December 2014

Situation update!

Hi everyone! You might have noticed that this blog has been rather sleepy lately, and that's NOT because I don't feel like blogging - quite the opposite. Unfortunately, my trusty laptop completely busted some weeks ago and I'm such a whiner that I can't use my parents' computer instead. It seems that my inspiration for blogging has a lot to do with the fact that I can haul my laptop wherever I choose (usually my bed, the couch or the University cafe) and the idea of sitting down at a fixed spot to write is really off-putting! Even the Blogger Dashboard looks wrong on the other computer even though it's basically identical! Now, Dear Laptop has been to the iDoctor and it looks like the fixing will cost so much it might be wiser to replace it altogether. So I don't need to wonder what I want for Christmas anymore!

Now, while I'm laptop-less and not liking the idea of letting the blog just sleep, I'm going to give you a sneak preview on what I've been planning... (Because I've been using up all my usual blogging time to blog planning time!) So here's what to  expect when I can blog properly again!

- a review on Shakespeare's Richard III and some very happy thoughts about the cast for the new Hollow Crown series

- the superb ITV Hercule Poirot TV films, from the ninth series onwards (because they're the good ones)

- my favourite current playwrights and screenwriters 

- a bunch of The Hound of the Baskervilles screen adaptations in one post 

- A Study in Scarlet, The Sign of Four and The Adventures and Memoirs O Sherlock Holmes

- I love tag question challenges and thought, why not make my own tag? I won't tell you what the tag is about just yet because I'm evil... I think you'll find out in January. I'm quite proud of it, to be honest, and can't wait to challenge a couple of you blogger friends!

I wrote this post on my phone and it insists on using Finnish spell-check everywhere, so if there are weird, Finnish words anywhere that's why. I did check this one before publishing and that was a wise thing to do - the spell-check had honestly suggested liekinheitinnorsu at one point! What...? So, happy pre-Christmas to everyone and beware of flame-throwing elephants... Because at least my phone seems to think such monsters exist.

2 comments:

  1. I've had my laptop for about 5 years now. It still does its job pretty well but I know I'm going to have to get a new one sooner or later, which I don't want because a new one will be expensive and I've got quite attached to my current one as well. How could I not when I spend so much time with it?! :D

    - I love the new cast of The Hollow Crown. To be honest I think S1 had a better cast in terms of all-round talent - a stronger ensemble - but then I love Benedict Cumberbatch, Hugh Bonneville, Judi Dench and Andrew Scott so I'm still really excited.

    - I haven't seen the ITV Poirot stories. Partly because I still haven't read that many Agatha Christie books, partly because I'm in that minority of fans who likes the Miss Marple books more than the Poirots. But you've already got me interested in the series.

    - I don't keep a close enough eye on contemporary (non-musical) theatre I'm afraid. I don't think I know any modern playwrights apart from the really, really famous ones like David Mamet and Tom Stoppard. Oh and John Logan! I don't know his plays but he wrote the screenplays for Gladiator and Hugo and they're two of my favourite films ever!

    - Looking forward to all of your posts and I'm intrigued by your tag :) Also I have no idea what a "liekinheitinnorsu" but it sounds awesome whatever it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's a flame-throwing elephant then? I missed your last sentence. So it is an awesome thing then!

    ReplyDelete