Saturday 8 June 2013

Challenge - 5 Things

Thank you Kristallikettu for sending me my first blog challenge! This is going to be fun!


1. Thank the person who challenged you and link to their blog.
2. Choose 5 blogs with less than 200 subscribers and leave them a message challenging them.
3. Hope the people you challenged spread the challenge further.


Alright, item 1 I just did. The second part is tricky; I'm such a newbie with blogging that I really don't know that many blogs yet and it would feel weird to just throw this at some random blog that I don't know at all. So the carrying on of this challenge rests entirely on Some Superfluous Opinions!

Now, the challenge itself – a chance to learn weird/interesting things about me!

5 things I need daily
  • My glasses, because without them my vision gets blurred at about 20 cm distance (and that's with my better eye)
  • My cell phone, because otherwise I don't know what time it is. And I might want to call someone, or someone might want to call me!
  • My laptop – I have to say this even though it makes me sound like a pathetic tech addict. 
  • Toothpaste, for obvious reasons
  • Music. It rarely happens that I don't turn Spotify on at least once every day, but even if I don't, I've got songs playing in my head almost all the time.
5 books I recommend
  • Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
  • Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
  • Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • Macbeth by William Shakespeare (a play instead of a book, but anyway, a great literary work!)
  • The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
5 materialistic gift wishes
  • At least a dozen books of sheet music from musicals of my choice
  • About a hundred tickets for Broadway and West End shows
  • A Dickens-themed old board game that I just found online and which looks amazing (called The Dickens Game)
  • A pink Le Sac Dress from American Apparel 
  • An unspecified amount of shoes made to measure my small and weird-shaped feet
5 places I'd like to visit
  • Paris
  • New York City
  • Ireland, especially Galway
  • Wales
  • Iceland
5 adjectives that describe me
  • Illogical
  • Carefree
  • Book-wormish
  • Creative
  • Unorganized
5 maxims to give to others
  • I have to take this one from a 90-year-old woman's "good advice for life" list that went around in Facebook for some time: When it comes to chocolate, resisting is futile.
  • Live your life according to your beliefs, not other peoples'.
  • Learn to see how beautiful simple little things around you can be.
  • Never say never.
  • "Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass – it's about learning to dance in the rain!" -Vivian Greene, whoever that is
I promise I'll be back to blogging about my usual stuff soon – it's just impossible to sit down with my laptop when the sun's been shining and the temperature's been up to over 20 degrees for at least a week now, which never happens over here in June!



1 comment:

  1. Oi, vänkä haaste, kiitoksia! Tartun tähän heti, kun kiireiltäni ehdin! :D

    ReplyDelete