1. Thank the person who challenged you and link to their blog.
2. Choose 5 blogs with less than 200 subscribers and leave them a message challenging them.
3. Hope the people you challenged spread the challenge further.
Alright, item 1 I just did. The second part is tricky; I'm such a newbie with blogging that I really don't know that many blogs yet and it would feel weird to just throw this at some random blog that I don't know at all. So the carrying on of this challenge rests entirely on Some Superfluous Opinions!
Now, the challenge itself – a chance to learn weird/interesting things about me!
5 things I need daily
- My glasses, because without them my vision gets blurred at about 20 cm distance (and that's with my better eye)
- My cell phone, because otherwise I don't know what time it is. And I might want to call someone, or someone might want to call me!
- My laptop – I have to say this even though it makes me sound like a pathetic tech addict.
- Toothpaste, for obvious reasons
- Music. It rarely happens that I don't turn Spotify on at least once every day, but even if I don't, I've got songs playing in my head almost all the time.
5 books I recommend
- Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
- Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
- Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
- Macbeth by William Shakespeare (a play instead of a book, but anyway, a great literary work!)
- The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
5 materialistic gift wishes
- At least a dozen books of sheet music from musicals of my choice
- About a hundred tickets for Broadway and West End shows
- A Dickens-themed old board game that I just found online and which looks amazing (called The Dickens Game)
- A pink Le Sac Dress from American Apparel
- An unspecified amount of shoes made to measure my small and weird-shaped feet
5 places I'd like to visit
- New York City
- Ireland, especially Galway
5 adjectives that describe me
5 maxims to give to others
- I have to take this one from a 90-year-old woman's "good advice for life" list that went around in Facebook for some time: When it comes to chocolate, resisting is futile.
- Live your life according to your beliefs, not other peoples'.
- Learn to see how beautiful simple little things around you can be.
- Never say never.
- "Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass – it's about learning to dance in the rain!" -Vivian Greene, whoever that is
I promise I'll be back to blogging about my usual stuff soon – it's just impossible to sit down with my laptop when the sun's been shining and the temperature's been up to over 20 degrees for at least a week now, which never happens over here in June!